The Hayden Canyon Charter Board Administrator, Cynthia Lamb, will be hosting pre-interview workshops on February 1, March 7, and May 2. All workshops are from 10:30-2:30 and cover the EL Education Core Practices that HCC is founded upon. The location for each workshop will be announced as the dates draw closer.
Please note this workshop is intended solely for staff applicants. We will host town meetings over the next few months to raise awareness about the school model, and answer community questions.
Workshop topics will include:
- What does an Expeditionary Learning school model look like, and how is it walked out at HCC?
- EL Education Core Practices–HCC’s primary guiding resource outlining: Leadership, School Culture, Assessment, Instructional Practice and Curriculum.
- What is expected of teachers at HCC working within this model?
- What does the school year look like–quarterly, weekly and daily?
- A preliminary view of curricular materials
If you have applied, or have considered applying, for a Certified or Classified position at Hayden Canyon Charter, we encourage you to attend one of these workshops.
Then we will have two all-staff workshops once hiring is complete:
June 15-19 from 8 AM- 2 PM, location TBD.
August 24-28, tentatively from 8 AM- 2 PM at HCC