Frequently Asked Questions
Give to Hayden Canyon Charter
What can I use to show proof of residency?
- Mortgage statement
- Account statement from two different public utilities. Must show service address of residency and customer’s name; 3⁄4 statement page accepted. Cell phone bills are not accepted.
- Account statement from bank or financial institution
- Tax document directly from the IRS, Form W-2 or Form-1099
- Medical or insurance provider statement, invoice, or explanation of benefits
- Court documents (original or non-altered, and must have current address on the document for proof of Idaho residency)
- Government or official correspondence to the residential address (must have legal name)
Does Hayden Canyon Charter charge tuition?
In-state resident students are not required to pay tuition at public schools with the exception of full day kindergarten. Tuition for full day kindergarten students is $250/month.
How will I know if my child has been accepted for application?
You will receive a separate email for each child on your lottery application. Please be patient as we send these emails, and know that they may come minutes, or even hours, apart.
How does sibling priority affect the lottery process?
Please note, if the first child drawn chooses not to enroll at the time of registration, the other students within the family will lose their sibling priority status, moving them back to their original lotteried position.
What is the process if my child is offered enrollment?
Responses to seat offers via the link in the email must be received within 48 hours of the email offer being sent. We will make 1 phone call to the primary number within the offer acceptance time frame as a notice that the email has been sent.
What happens if I don't respond to the offer of enrollment?
What happens if there is an opening in the middle of the school year?
Can I still apply if the lottery deadline has already passed?
Do I have to re-apply each year?
How old does my child have to be enrolled in kindergarten?
Per Idaho Code 33-201, a child must be five (5) years of age by September 1st of the school year they will enroll in kindergarten.
For the 2023-2024 school year, your child must be 5 by September 1, 2023 to enroll in kindergarten at HCC.
Can I apply for my child to be in both full day and 1/2 day Kindergarten?
No, per Idaho State Regulations a student may only be lotteried for 1 seat at a time. If a duplicate application is received, it will void the first application and your student will only be lotteried for the seat indicated in the second submission.