Substitute Administrator Job Description
REPORTS TO: Operational Director
POSITION SUMMARY: This position provides educational leadership that effectively supports and implements high quality instruction for every student. The ideal candidate is expected to be a strong, visionary leader with superior communication and management skills necessary to raise student achievement in a safe and caring school climate and culture.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Leads, supports, and develops high quality instructional practice through the school building.
- Effectively supports and manages staff, parent relationships, student behavior, and school building operations.
- Evaluates, encourages, and recommends improvement regarding the instructional program.
- Develops a desirable climate for learning and takes effective measures to maintain it.
- Keeps Organizational Specialist informed of developments regarding school operations.
- Continuously evaluates school sponsored activities, including those occurring before and after normal school hours.
- Cooperatively plans and implements a program aligned with the District’s mission, vision, values, and goals.
- Evaluates personnel under his/her supervision for the purpose of improving instruction and for re-employment, and participates in the procedure to alleviate staff grievances.
- Attends school administrative meetings, as required.
- Participates in professional activities designed to enhance competency.
Physical/Visual Activities or Demands: Physical/visual activities or demands that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Standing, walking, sitting, reaching, talking, and hearing.
- Normal attention with clarity of vision at 20 inches or less as well as 20 feet or more and field of vision that can be seen up and down or to right or left while fixed on point, required.
- Light physical demand with regular lifting of very light to light (1 to 25 lbs.) items by hand.
Environmental/Atmospheric Conditions: Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Typical office conditions.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Broad knowledge of an advanced and professionally specialized discipline or other studies not available in undergraduate schools, involving advanced theoretical knowledge within a specialized field equivalent to a Master’s degree. A Master’s degree in educational administration is preferred.
Experience: Requires a minimum of seven years of education experience as a building principal or assistant principal, successful classroom teaching, practical experience in instructional management, effective teaching models, and curriculum development/implementation and evaluation.
Skills and Abilities which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
- Demonstrate positive and effective interpersonal skills.
- Work effectively with colleagues, parents, other stakeholders, unions, community members, school groups and organizations.
- Read, write, and speak at an advanced level.
- Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagrammatic, or schedule form.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position will include computers, technology hardware, and related software.
License(s)/Certification(s) Required: Principal’s Certificate for the appropriate level issued by the Idaho Department of Education.
Period of Employment: As needed, at will, and temporary status.
Salary Range: $200 to $225 per day
*Applications for the above position will be accepted until the position is filled.
Note : This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. Also, “Commonly associated” is not intended to mean always or only. There are different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate. All activities, Demands, Conditions and Requirements are linked to Essential Job Functions unless marked with an asterisk which denotes linkage only to marginal functions.