Give to Hayden Canyon Charter
ELA + Science/Engineering & Social Studies
- Module 1: Discovery!
- Module 2: Revolution!
- Module 3: United: Forging a Union
- Module 4: Divided: The Civil War
- Students will explore the early history of the Colonies through the Civil war as a tale woven around the simultaneous history leading to Idaho’s statehood and beyond.
- Math concepts will be woven into the ELA + Science/Engineering driven expeditions at every opportunity, to experience real-world, applied understandings.
- Some students will be engaged with learning the 4th grade content standards, while others will learn the 5th grade content standards.
- Because we have blended grade teams of teachers at HCC, students will have the support they need to reach proficiency, leading to mastery of grade level content or beyond.
- Students may advance at their own pace, and we will work with them to reach proficiency for each standard.
- If a student is advanced, they may spend Math Connect time with a higher-grade level group, or they may learn the advanced concepts within a group in their same blended grade.
5th Grade Standards:
- Module 1: Place Value and Decimal Fractions
- Module 2: Multi-digit Whole Number and Decimal Fraction Operations
- Module 3: Addition and Subtraction of Fractions
- Module 4: Multiplication and Division of Fractions and Decimals
- Module 5: Addition and Multiplication with Volume and Area