3rd & 4th grade
Give to Hayden Canyon Charter
3rd & 4th Grade
ELA + Science/Engineering & Social Studies
- Module 1: Journeys
- Module 2: Biodiversity Near and Far—Ecology in Forests close to home and the Rainforests of the world
- Module 3: Our Only May Amelia—Pioneer life in 1889 Washington
- Module 4: Water Conservation Near and Far
Transportation through the Ages—From Horses to Horseless carriages
- Module 1: By land
- Module 2: By Sea
- Module 3: By Air
- Module 4: Other Innovations and Inventions that changed history
- Math concepts will be woven into the ELA + Science/Engineering driven expeditions at every opportunity, to experience real-world, applied understandings.
- Some students will be engaged with learning the 3rd grade content standards, while others will learn the 4th grade content standards.
- Because we have blended grade teams of teachers at HCC, students will have the support they need to reach proficiency, leading to mastery of grade level content or beyond.
- Students may advance at their own pace, and we will work with them to reach proficiency for each standard.
- If a student is advanced, they may spend Math Connect time with a higher grade-level group, or they may learn the advanced concepts within a group in their same blended grade.
3rd Grade Standards:
- Module 1: Properties of Multiplication and Division and Solving Problems with Units of 2-5 and 10
- Module 2: Place Value and Problem Solving with Units of Measure
- Module 3: Multiplication and Division with Units of 0, 1, 6-9 and Multiples of 10
- Module 4: Multiplication and Area
- Module 5: Fractions as Numbers on the Number Line
- Module 6: Collecting and Displaying Data
- Module 7: Geometry and Measurement Word Problems
4th Grade Standards:
- Module 1: Place Value and Rounding used with Algorithms for Addition and Subtraction
- Module 2: Unit Conversions
- Module 3: Multi-digit Multiplication and Division
- Module 4: Angle Measurement and Plane Measurement
- Module 5: Fraction Equivalence, Ordering and Operations
- Module 6: Decimal Fractions
Disclaimer: The curriculum will be solidified further when staff has been hired and comes together in June.